Wednesday, March 19, 2008

20 Weeks Old


Shelby has definitely come a long way in 20 weeks. This little girl will be trying to crawl before I know it. She is doing the airplane thing every time her belly hits the floor and has just begun trying to scoot. She has dicovered her feet this week and is now always grabbing for them when she is on her back or sitting up in her Bumbo chair. She is eating fruits and vegetables, which is very evident by her orange colored nose. I am trying to keep orange foods to a bare minimum, but it doesn't seem to matter. Gabe had the same thing happen and I think it's kinda cute.

Shelby gets the biggest kick out of Gabe. Last night he was dancing for all of us and Shelby fell onto her side she was laughing so hard at him. I really love watching them together and how Shelby seems to look at Gabe with awe. Gabe has gotten a bit testy with her now that she is starting to reach for his toys. And I know that is just the beginning of sibling rivalry. I try to explain why she is doing it, but of course he doesn't really understand which is okay. He is so great with her the majority of the time, I have no complaints. Shelby is still taking 3 naps a day and sleeps about eleven hours. She and Gabe are still sharing a room, which is hard soemtimes. But she loves her pack n' play and will not sleep in anyhting else. I am really looking foward to the summer and watching Shelby grow even more.

0 comments: