Saturday, August 09, 2008

First Baby Appt

The whole family went to our first appointment today. Jeremy and I chose two midwives that are in practice together. Joi and Stacy are amazing women and have been working together for 5 years. They have delivered babies in third world countries and are both highly qualified. Today we just went over paperwork and figured out my due date which is March 27, 2009. So I am seven weeks along. All of the appts. are at Joi's house and I get to have an ultrasound every time. We were able to see the baby today and clearly make out the heartbeat. Thankfully, one of the apprentices there had zofran on hand and gave me several. I have been extremely nauseous this past week and have lost 4 pounds. Although, you would never be able to tell since I cannot even zip up my regular pants. I actually pulled out a pair of maternity shorts this morning and put them on. Hopefully the sickness will only last through 12 weeks (I am keeping my fingers crossed).

0 comments: