Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just Plain Ill

I went to the doctor yesterday and was told I have a severe sinus infection. He said that if I had waited a few more days I probably would have gone to the hospital. I got sick Friday and this was Monday morning. I thought he was being dramatic but then he explained how a pregnant woman's immune system is lower during this time and that when the body has an infection it goes to protect the baby first then you. Well, great. So I got some antibiotics and cough syrup and now I am just waiting to feel better. Shelby is still coughing but the doctor said there wasn't much they could do for her since she only coughs at night. She has a runny nose too. A few other families we know have had the same things and it took several weeks to get over. So I am not setting my expectations too high anymore. Jeremy is in Houston until tomorrow evening so the kids and I are on our own. Lots of PB&J sandwiches and grapes to eat. And early bed times for all of us.

1 comments:

Castleman Family said...

so sorry to hear that, Sarah! As if you needed another thing!