Friday, June 29, 2007

Things I Love About Being Pregnant


I have said since I was pregnant with Gabe that I thought this act of nature is one of the strangest things a female body goes through. There are several things that I love about being in this position that I didn't really enjoy last time. First, I really enjoy being pregnant at least at this stage. I am not too big, but you can definitely tell that there is a baby in the belly. I love feeling Shelby move and seeing it too. Gabe didn't do this until later, and it's so amazing to me. Gabe has really surprised me with this whole baby thing. When he sees my belly, he smiles and talks to Shelby. Then he sticks his belly out as far as he can and says "Shelby, Shelby." I love seeing that and am anxious to see how he will actually be with her. Jeremy has been so busy lately that he has not really been able to participate in all the doctor's appointments. But it's so funny to me when we looks at me in the evening and says, "Your belly is getting so big," like he just noticed it was there. I also love the fact I have not gained any weight. this has not been on purpose, but I am really happy about it. I am hoping I don't get huge at the end, but I am really not worried about that. As Shelby gets bigger, the less room I have and really, the less I want to eat. I feel so stuffed after a bowl of cereal. I also love saying, "It's a girl." It is so exciting to me and I cannot wait to see what Shelby looks like. I also enjoy looking at all the clothes and am excited to get hand-me-downs from some friends. There are a few complaints, but not many. I have headaches almost everyday and do get nauseous on occasion. I am also having a lot of trouble sleeping and my body aches at the end of the day. But I guess everything has good and bad sides to it. And my belly looks a bit strange with no tan, but that's okay. Gabe and I are in the sun everyday and are both getting "brown as biscuits" as my mom always used to say when I was younger.

0 comments: