Monday, January 05, 2009

Changing Children

As I watch my kids each day, I am so surprised by the new things they can do. Gabe is fiercely independent most of the time: getting snacks on his own, cleaning his room, dressing himself, and trying to take care of Shelby. He plays for hours with his new pirates and dinosaurs and really loves school. He asks Jeremy and I so many questions and has an amazing imagination.
Shelby amazes me too. The other day I asked her to bring me her bowl and she did. She is a very good listener and doesn't seem to have caught on to selective hearing yet (like her brother)! She is running around everywhere but is so gentle and calm. She can entertain herself with a shoe, book or simple sheet of paper. She is such a happy child but knows how to turn the tears on when she wants some love from Mom or Dad.
I know many people say there is not a difference between the sexes, but I don't think those people ever had a boy and a girl. I know their personalities come into play, but there are definite differences in my two children. I know there is a big change coming in a few months and I am eager and nervous to see what a third child does to our family. But I have no doubt that my wild monkeys will teach Jonah all the good and bad things they have learned so far!

0 comments: