Saturday, February 07, 2009

7 Weeks Left!!

Holy cow, this pregnancy has flown by! It feels like just yesterday I was blogging about not having much time left with Shelby. We went for my 33 week appt today and everything looks great, no swelling, low blood pressure and low weight gain. Jonah is head down, thank God! We are just trying to prepare now for this home delivery. I am scared of the pain of course, but ready to have an amazing labor and delivery. Jeremy has decided that he wants to help deliver Jonah, which I think is really awesome. It's not everyday you get to deliver one of your children! And I was lucky enough to be introduced to a Doula, April. She is part of a non profit organization here in San Antonio that offers their services for free. So she will come for three prenatal visits, be present for the whole labor and delivery, three postnatal visits and then up to seven other visits. She is more mine and Jeremy's coach and support through the process, although my midwives will be a great support too. But the more people we can have on our side the better! April will also come to help with dishes, laundry, meal making and really anything else I need after Jonah arrives. I am so thankful to have been told about this program. My mom will be here for two weeks but after that I am on my own. Gabe heard Jonah's heartbeat today and was really excited. Unfortunately we have all been sick this past week and have severe cases of cabin fever. I think we are all getting better now though. Hopefully the next month and a half will go by easily.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I am sorry to hear about the cabin fever. We have had some bad cases of that this winter. Unlike in Biloxi, we can not go out and play all year round and we miss it.

That is so great that Gabe got to hear the heartbeat. Did he go with you to your appointment or are you listening to it at home?

I am really really excited for you and I wish I could come over and wash some dishes for you afterwards (as payment for getting to hold a new baby).