Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

At church today there was a video played that really touched my heart. It was of a mother rocking her sleeping little girl. The mother spoke about the pure exhaustion, confusion, and joy in her life. This never ending job is full of happiness, questions, tears and laughter. And then she spoke of the pure amazement of being a mother and how there is no greater job in the world.

There are days when I think I cannot go another second and that being a Mom is the hardest thing I will have to be. The responsibilty is so great sometimes that I feel overwhelmed and drained. But with that comes all the hugs, kisses, smiles and laughter that my children give me everyday. They each touch my heart in ways I never could have imagined and I am so thankful God gave them to me, to be their Mother and prepare them for the world.

And I am ever so grateful for my Mom. She has been such an inspiration to me and helped me through all the ups and downs of my 28 years on earth. And now she has unselfishly taken my family in and givne us a place to stay while we go through another transition. She is a beautiful strong woman and I feel touched that God gave me to her, to raise me and get me ready for the world. And as I now see, I will always need her in one way or another. And I hope that my children will still come to me when they are grown.

Happy Mother's Day!!

0 comments: