Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's A Girl


Oh my gosh. I could not believe it when the tech said it was a girl. I had decided in the waiting room that I was going to be happy either way. It's not like I could change the result, right? I was so nervous going into the room, I just wanted to make sure all the parts were in the right place and everything was normal. Of course, everything was fine and then she asked if we wanted to know the sex. I said yes and then you know the rest. I cried a bit of happy tears and Jeremy was so excited. He said that he knew it was a girl but he didn't want to get my hopes up. The tech said the baby weighs eleven ounces-in the 97th percentile. So we see that my lack of weight gain is not an issue because she is getting everything she needs. We decided to name her Shelby Elizabeth, that being my middle name as well. Jeremy and I both love Shelby and it sounds so southern, so girly. Anyways, my appointment went well and I will go back in four weeks. I cannot wait to start shopping for all the adorable clothes that come along with having a girl. I told Gabe he was going to have a baby sister and he just looked at me. I guess he won't really understand until she gets here. Now we will have one of each and I think that will be it for us. Jeremy used to want five until he realized how much kids actually cost. We have 22 weeks left to prepare and to be honest, I hope the time does not go by too quickly. This pregnancy is much more enjoyable than the first and we want to get all the time in with Gabe that we can because once Shelby gets here, everything will change again.

0 comments: