Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gabriel



I know I have been giving a lot of attention to Shelby in these posts, so I thought I would give an update on the changes in Gabe's life. He has been saying full sentences lately and really picking up on things Jeremy and I talk about. He weighs 38 pounds and is quite tall. Thankfully, he is able to fit into all his shorts from last summer and his swim trunks. He still sleeps with his pacis, but that's quite alright with me. If sleeping with pacis means I get him to take a nap, I'll deal with it. He does take naps most days, but he does skip every once in a while. The naps are shorter but I am happy he still goes down.
Gabe is very creative and loves to imitate animals, play with paint and still his favorite, Play-Doh. Jeremy bought him several animal figurines from Wal-Mart and Gabe carries them everywhere and even sleeps with them. He really likes books and has been hanging out in his room more listening to books on CD. He is also learning his numbers and loves to sing nursery rhymes.
I am hoping to teach Gabe the basics of swimming while my mom visits for the next few weeks. He seems much more excited about getting in the water this summer and trying some new things. He already blows bubbles in the tub which he flat out refused to do last summer. I think if I am consistent with him, we will have a little fish on our hands before long.
Gabe loves Shelby, but picks on her all the time. He is either sitting on her, rolling her over or yelling because she is messing with his things. But he is sweet with her and gives her lots of love.
I am so pleased with the person Gabriel is becoming. He has such a warm heart heart and friendly demeanor. Of course, he can be wild and make me want to pull my hair out some days but that's to be expected. He is a great kid.

0 comments: